Frequently Asked Questions
Getting to Carter’s Big Island Hunt Club
- Guests may fly into Kansas City, MO, Tulsa, OK or Wichita, KS (all about 2 hours away) and Joplin, Missouri (about an hour away), where they can then rent car and drive to lodge. But this excellent Kansas duck hunting package is easily within a day’s drive for most duck hunters living in the Continental US.
- Private planes can fly into either Pittsburg, KS or Parsons Tri City Airport in Parsons, KS (both within 30 miles of CBI), where local ground transportation can be arranged.
Is lodging included?
- Lodging and meals are not included. Hotels and restaurants are available nearby. Guests meet their guides well before shooting time and follow them to the hunting location about 15-20 minutes away. Guide-staff deploy the decoys while clients relax and get settled in. Maximum party size, 7 hunters.
Lucky’s Guest House – Saint Paul
Wagner’s Country Lodge – Saint Paul
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Parsons
What should I bring?
- Warm waders and waterproof parka, face mask or paint, base layers, gloves, headlight, shotgun, non-toxic ammo, blind bag. Warm boots and bibs are perfect for most hunts. Ice chest for beverages, game transportation.
Waterfowl Hunting Licensing Requirements
- NR Hunting License ($97.50), Kansas Waterfowl Stamp ($10), HIP, Federal Stamp ($25). Available online or at a nearby Walmart.
- Purchase a License Online
What is the Retriever policy?
- Obedient retrievers are welcome for groups of 6. Bring your retriever or hunt over your guide’s experienced lab. Note: Only 1 dog per group is allowed to hunt at a time. Can rotate dogs between the hunt. So one dog could hunt half the day, another dog the remainder of the day. Discuss with outfitter before bringing.